Welcome to H3 Maths

Blog Support for Growing Mathematicians

Overcoming the Math Homework Blues – 3 Simple Tips

April9

Here are a few simple tips to help get on top of your Mathematics homework. These are simple, yet tried and true ideas that seem to work well for many students. Hold onto your graphing calculator – here they are:

HomeworkTip #1: When you get home from school or college have a complete break for at least 30min. Use this time to have a snack, drink and perhaps get changed if you need to.

Tip #2: Spend 20min doing the work that you are having the most difficulty with today. This might be your Mathematics, but it could equally be an English assignment. The idea is that you attack the most difficult subject first and get it out of the way. This is also good practice for later in life and helps avoid procrastination.

Tip #3: After 20min (for Middle School scholars) have a short, 10min break. This is when you can txt your friends or play that online game you are addicted to. Repeat these short, 20min homework slots three times before dinner and once after.

Believe me (and my students) when I say that this method works really well. For Friday through Sunday all ow one 20min slot per subject and plan your sport and/or relaxation time into your schedule as well. Good planning, along with these simple tips will help you grades improve. My next tips are for how to revise your Mathematics for an upcoming exam or test. Watch this H3 space…

by posted under Uncategorized | Comments Off on Overcoming the Math Homework Blues – 3 Simple Tips    

Post Support

The graph on the left (Coronavirus) is for a time period of 30 days, while the one on the right (SARS) is for 8 months! Very poor graphical comparison and hardly relevant, unless it is attempting to downplay the seriousness of the coronavirus?

10 x 9 x 8 + (7 + 6) x 5 x 4 x (3 + 2) x 1 = 2020

NCEA Level 2 Algebra Problem. Using the information given, the shaded area = 9, that is:
y(y-8) = 9 –> y.y – 8y – 9 =0
–> (y-9)(y+1) = 0, therefore y = 9 (can’t have a distance of – 1 for the other solution for y)
Using the top and bottom of the rectangle,
x = (y-8)(y+2) = (9-8)(9+2) = 11
but, the left side = (x-4) = 11-4 = 7, but rhs = y+? = 9+?, which is greater than the value of the opp. side??
[I think that the left had side was a mistake and should have read (x+4)?]

H3 Viewers

Skip to toolbar